Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bonfires

Yesterday I posted pictures of a bonfire that I went to this weekend. I don't know why but bonfires are my favorite thing about fall. I don't know if it is the warmth that comes from them, the smell that most people can't stand but I love, the memories, or what it is.

Don't get me wrong I love the colors of fall and the cool crisp air but there is just something about bonfires that I just love. I have a lot of memories from going to different bonfires but I think my favorite is when I went to Michael and Wendi's last year during the spring. Yes I know that I have been talking about bonfires in the fall but you can have them in the spring also.

In the spring Michael and Wendi had the college group from church out to their house (which is in the middle of nowhere) for a bonfire and just to hang out. We played campture the flag, rosted hot dogs, made s'mores and sang songs around the bonfire. Everyone but myself, jennifer, andrew, tyler, chelsea, and of course michael and wendi had left for the night when the fire had started to die down. Jennifer and I were laying by the fire looking up to the sky at the stars. It was the most beautiful night have seen in a while. We were talking about the beauty of the sky and how God had created the most perfect picture in the world! Every star was placed just where He wanted it to be and just how awesome God is. This night was the night that Jennifer and I started getting really close and becoming really good friends. We talked for hours and just laughed and cut up. It was on of the most perfect nights I had had in a while.

I don't really know where I was going with this post but I just had to share my love for bonfires.


No comments:

Post a Comment