Thursday, October 15, 2009

You Won't Relent

Tuesday night at BCM the band played a new song called "You Won't Relent" by Misty Edwards click here to watch When they started playing the song I knew it before they even started singing it because over the summer I had heard it when Tyler came down for the weekend. At the time that I heard it this summer I didn't pay much attention to the words. I thought it was a pretty song but didn't think much about it.

When the band played it Tuesday night I fell in love with the song! There was just something about it the song that just drew me to it. The words in it are so true
You won't relent

Until You have it all
My heart is Yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
And many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one


When God is pursuing you to do his work and wanting to work in your heart he doesn't give up. He keeps at you until you finally give in and let him do what he wants to. I know this from experience and once you give control to God it is amazing what he will do in your life! There are times in my life that I wonder where God is going with things but I know that he has a much bigger plan for my life than I can ever imagine and to me that's so amazing to know!

As I think back on what my life was a year ago, I can see how God is using me and sculpting me in to the women he wants me to be. I just have to remind myself to sit back and let God take full control. God's got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment