Monday, October 26, 2009

Wonderful Monday

So this week has already started off great compared to last week....

Last night I got to go to a bonfire for the Moo Crew (workers at Chaney's) and bonfires are my favorite! I love everything about them; the smell, the warmth, the s'mores, and did I mention I love smelling like them? Yes I am weird but I love standing infront of the fire and letting the smoke get all over me and then smelling like it for a while.

But today I got up and just decided that no matter what happened to me today I was going to make it a good day. I wore my new GAP cartagain that I got for $3 at a thrift store (wuhu!), styled my new hair cut (I got 2 1/2 inches cut off thursday), cute pair of jean, flats and my favorite scarf from Old Navy and set out for the day. When I got to work I popped in my new Steve Means cd that Bethany made for me and got started working for a little while. Then it was off to class even though I didn't really want to go. Sit through Psychology and then going to study with Timothy afterwards for a little bit. We asked our Professor if we could stay in the classroom to study since class ended early and he told us to come over infront of him and he would help us. When we did that he handed us a Review sheet that we got to keep and handed us the test and told us to go over it with him and he would explain it. Now how many times does a professor hand you the test to let you study over?? Not many! Of course we didn't get to keep it but that's okay.

The rest of my day proceed to go fairly good and then I got to work this afternoon where my day got so much better! I was messing around on facebook and was looking at things people had posted while I was away. I came across that one of my best friend's Jennifer Hail who is currently on a Semester at Sea program had posted something. I kinda got a little down because I have been wanting to talk with her "live" for a while now. Ever since she left we have been emailing back and forth about every week. After getting over that and reminding myself that there would be other times to talk with her I continued what I had been doing. I decided to check one more time to see if Jennifer was online before signing off and calling it an early day. Well low and behold there she was! I was so excited that I let out a little squek in the office and the guys all just looked at me funny. I got to talk to Jennifer "live" for over an hour! I miss that girl so so so much and can't wait for her return on December 14.


After all of this I have concluded that even if you have had a bad day you need to brush it off your shoulders and just keep on going. Jennifer told me this today and it is so true "remember that God loves you more than the number of stars in the sky, and He shows you each and every day. just take the time to look for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment