Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fresh new start

While I was in Alabama over the weekend I had time to sit outside Sunday morning on granddad's pier and just think about things that were coming up in my life and just things going on now. I had been thinking about my past and people that were in it. Mainly I was thinking about the relationship that Tyler and I had together. I don't know what it was or why I was even thinking about it but I was. While I was sitting there I decided that its time for a fresh start.

Classes are starting in less then a week and its my time to start the semester off right. For the first time starting a semester I am going to be single and honestly I'm excited about it! I'm going to be able to focus on my studies and what I need to do. Yes its weird thinking about but its exciting at the same time. I'm getting more involved with the BCM (baptist campus ministries) and I'm really excited about that! Yes its going to weird and awkward seeing Tyler up on the stage playing in the worship band on Tuesday nights but I'm not going for him, I'm going to praise God and to worship Him.

I was asked the other day to be in the Celebrate Recovery Band at Woodburn Baptist Franklin Campus and I'm excited and nervous about that. I have never sang with a band like that before so its going to be an adventure that I can't wait to tackle. I'm also really excited because one of my friends from high school asked me to be her maid of honor in her wedding in May. I'm so excited about that! I love her to death and just feel honored :)

When we were coming back from Bama on Sunday I was talking with Mom about my being single situation. I asked her why it was that when I become single it seems like guys come out of the woodwork to date me.... but honestly I don't want to date any of the ones that are interested in me. She was like "Girl you seem to get yourself in a pickle with guys." I told her that I didn't want a pickle... I wanted my cucumber that I'm supposed to be with. But I know that God will bring us together whenever both my future husband and I are ready. I just have to wait and be patient...... but that seems to be the hardest part.....

No comments:

Post a Comment