Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't forget the little things in life

This past weekend my best friend, Laurabeth from elementary school came down for the weekend. We hadn't seen each other since finals week back in May!! It was so good to see her and be able to spend time with each other.

While she was here it got me started thinking that you can't forget about the little things and the people in life that mean the most to you. I had forgotten how much being around her makes me feel good, how we can be silly and goof around for hours, how songs from back in the day bring back so many memories! We laughed until our sides were hurting, stayed up til 2:30 in the morning like we were in elementary school again, and just talked about everything from relationships to worship. It was a much needed weekend for me!

On Saturday we got up and was going to go shopping after I dropped my brother off at work. My brother and I left before Laurabeth did because she was still getting ready. I gave her my house key and just told her that I would drop him off and the meet her at the mall. I am about halfway to getting Trent to work when LB calls and says that she has had a wreck! I tell her that I am going to be there ASAP! She was okay and her car is going to be able to be fixed. But in that very moment I thought to myself, what in the world would I have done if she would have been hurt worse?? I couldn't live without my best friend!! We have been through so much together that I don't know what I would have done.

Laurabeth and I are lucky that her little wreck wasn't anything more than little.... As I told her, her car can be fixed/replaced but we can't replace our Laurabeth.

So what I'm saying is don't take things or people in your life for granted.... You could have them one day and the next day they be gone......


No comments:

Post a Comment