Friday, August 7, 2009

Funky Friday

So lately I have been working on this undercover missions project with a few people from my church. My emotions with it have been everywhere and I'm emotionally drained! Here is a little background on what's gone on recently.

Once we got a date from the main band we got to work knowing that we had 10 weeks to get everything completed. Yes I said 10 weeks! We called to the venue to see if it was still open for that date and it was! So from there everyone started calling places and coming up with ideas to get sponsors.

Well this past Monday, August 3 was exactly 2 months to the date and the day that satan hit us hard! Miguel went to the venue to see what was up and the lady who we had been working with informed us that someone had erased our event and put in another event in place of ours. The event is some dance thing for Relay for Life. Don't get me wrong I love Relay for Life. I'm a big supporter because my grandfather passed away from cancer but to go and erase someone's event isn't the right thing to do at all! We were ticked off and down in the dumps. But we knew that we couldn't be this way because we already had to much in this to quit. I have really been the one trying to keep everyone upbeat and saying its gonna be okay. But that gets tiring after a while.

I know that everything is going to work out the way that God wants it to but man its so hard! We all talked about how satan would test us and try throwing curve balls into the mix but we didn't realize it was going to be this soon. I posted yesterday a post with Ephesians 6:12-18. This is the veres that I have to keep telling myself. We knew that we would be going into battle but I guess I didn't realize how hard it was going to be.

Please be praying for us. We are calling our project the Bonevally Project after Ezekiel 37. If you haven't read it you need to, its awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment