Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Hot Pink Ferrari

So I have the best College Group leaders anyone could ask for...... their names... Michael and Wendi. Not only did God bring them to our church when we needed them most but Wendi can sing like no other, their son Brett Michaels can play the drums amazingly, their daughter Bre' Bre' is the bomb.com, and they took their vacation time and took 5 of us from the college group to ICHTHUS!! This family is amazing!

But what makes them even more amazing is that they bought me a HOT PINK FERRARI!!! Okay so it isn't a real one its a Hot Wheels but still its amazing!




Here is the story and why it is so amazing and thoughtful of them......


The last day of Ichthus there weren't many bands that we wanted to see during the day except for one.... WHITECOLLAR SIDESHOW!!! Michael, Wendi, Brett and I all got ready and went over to the deep end stage to hear a speaker and then see Whitecollar. When we got to the stage there weren't a lot of people so we were able to get semi-close to the stage. We set our lawn chairs out and just enjoyed the sunshine. It had rained just about everyday but the final day so getting a little sunshine felt amazing!! The speaker came out and it was a guy named Justin Lookadoo. We began to look at our program because it was told that a lady was going to be speaking and we wanted to make sure that we were at the right stage. It turns out that we were at the correct stage but something happened to the other speaker so Justin was filling in for her.

Justin Lookadoo

Justin got started talking and asked if anyone had read his book Dateable: Are you? Are they? My parent's had gotten the book for me several years before and I had read it and really enjoyed it so I knew that he was going to be a good speaker. He got started talking about questions that guys had been coming up to him and asking while there at Ichthus. One of them was "Dude, Justin, how do I keep from looking at the girls here who are wearing semi-revealing clothing?" Justin's simple answer was "Dude........ DON'T" Then Justing started talking about how dating can be hard in your teen years, how girls like to show everything they have and how guys look at everything girls have.

I don't remember anything that he said to the guys because what he said to the girls just stuck with me. Yeah I know that he was talking with the middle school and high school girls but what he said made so much sence. He said....

Girls what kinda car do you see just about everywhere in the USA? Fords, yes Fords are found everywhere. But what kinda of car can you only find in certain places and is very special and very expensive? FERRARI'S! Only certain people can afford a Ferrari and have the "rights" to one. If a guy purchases a Ferrari then you know that he has good credit, has a great and stable job, and cares for his things. So girls don't be a Ford that everyone can own, be a Ferrari. Yes your choices will be limited when you date like this but you are going to have so much better choices!

When he was saying all of this I was sitting there thinking, Wow that is so true! Yeah I don't date around like I am a Ford but I don't consider myself a Ferrari either. This really hit home with me espically with everything that was going on with Tyler and I. So from that day June 13, 2009 I, Sarah Katlyn Norris, am no longer going to date like a Ford. I am going to date like a Ferrari. I know that my choices will be few but that doesn't matter because I know that the man God has for me is out there and we will meet when both of us are ready and when God wants us to.

After Ichthus I had put as my status on Facebook that I was going to be a HOT PINK FERRARI from now on. Michael got a kick out of it and said that was a good thing for me to be. Sunday after Sunday School Michael told me he had a gift for me but wouldn't tell me what it was. This just got me wondering what in the world it could be. So I was talking with Wendi one night and she said he was going to give it to me Wednesday night after church. So last night after church Michael hands me this bag and I open it and it was my very own HOT PINK FERRARI!!!! I was so excited about it! He searched and searched for it on Ebay and found one in Orgean.


So this is a good reminder for me to always be a HOT PINK FERRARI and not a Ford........
God will bring the man I am to marry into my life when I am ready and me into his when he is ready.... I just have to be patient and wait........

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, girl...good for you! I had heard you had hit rough spot recently but didn't ask for any details. I'm thrilled that you are seeing what a gem you are and all gems are worth mining for! Stay true to you and all God has planned will fall into place at the right time. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I read your blog. It made me cry. I would have loved more than anything to have you as a daughter-in-law! You are definitely a Ferrari! I am sorry that Ty is so hard-headed and can only pray that he is following what God has planned for him and not what others try to get him to do.

    Take care of yourself and keep in mind how special you are.

    ReplyDelete