Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Much Needed Vacation

Last week my family and I went to Gulf Shores, AL for our summer family vacation. In the days leading up to our vacation I was so stressed with work, nothing was going the way I wanted/planned and I just needed a break!

This year was the first year that I really needed a vacation and it was AMAZING!!! I did nothing but lay out on the beach all day long and soak up the sun. The weather was perfect and I couldn't have asked for a better time with my family. We were able to relax and just cut up with each other.

While I was at the beach I got to think about a lot of things that were going on in my life and I have decided to make some changes. After Tyler and I broke up I was heartbroken and didn't think that I would ever find someone so amazing as him. God showed me this past week that I just need to calm down and be patient. He has someone for me but we just aren't ment to meet yet. I have been reading a book called I Kissed Dating Goodbye and this is what I have decided to do. I need to focus on my schooling and other things in my life. I don't need a guy in my life to make me happy. I just need to be myself and enjoy life! So this hot pink ferrari is parking in the garage for a while.

Even though this didn't happen on vacation it is still something AMAZING!!! So after Ichthus we got started brainstorming of a way to reach out to the teens in out area who need it the most. Well things had kinda of fallen apart with it all and we were getting really sad and thinking that it might now happen. Well as of last night we have a date and a location!! Praise GOD! We now for sure that two bands are going to be coming and we are hoping that they third can come if we can get the money raised. All together we are going to need to raise $1,500, that's $500 per band. The location is free, I have connections for advertising, and we have other things coming together. So please just pray that everything is going to work out and that its what God wants for this area. Michael told me last night and I got so excited about it all. I'm just really hoping that it all comes together.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome!! I'm excited for the concert plans. :)

    ReplyDelete