Thursday, September 24, 2009

Rain Date




I had forgotten how much fun it was to play in the rain and get soaked until Tuesday night. Here is how it all played out.....

Tuesday was my best friend, Laurabeth's birthday, and her family came down from Radcliff to celebrate and go out to eat. We went out to eat at Chedder's (if you haven't been you really need to go....its amazing!), then we went back to her Grandmother's house for a little while before heading out to the BCM 180 service. The week before LB and I had been asked to go to Steak n' Shake with some friends but we declined because both of us had a ton of homework to do that night. So I had promised this friend, Brent that we would go to dojo (great american donunt shop) after BCM the following week.

After BCM LB, Brent and I got a group of people to go to dojo and hang out for a while. Well we walked out of BCM and it was starting to rain a little bit. I didn't think anything of it because it wasn't that hard of a rain so I figured we could make it to the car before it got worse. Well I was wrong! It started raining harder and harder and we still had a ways to go. I volunteered to run to my car and pick everyone up and of course they loved that idea. So Jason and I started running down the hill to our cars and by the time we got there both of us we soaked. Picked everyone up and headed on our way.

There were already other people from the B that were at dojo so it was just one big party. Everyone in dojo sang happy birthday to LB and I could tell it made her night. This whole time it is still raining and Bethany and I are talking about how bad we want to go play in it. We were about to leave and I looked at her and said shoot let's just go play in the rain. She loved the idea and so we took off.

So for about 15 minutes or so I was a little kid again along with Bethany, Laurabeth, Brent, Jason, Stephanie, and Emily. We had so much fun splashing in the puddles and getting each other soaked! I was just carefree and loving it! I didn't care if my hair was getting messed up or if my make up was ruined, I was just having fun. And I honestly can't remember the last time I was like that.


It was so awesome to be able to be a little kid again for a while and not have a care in the world! I know that we were getting crazy looks from people in dojo but I could care less. It was the best night I have had in a long time! So next time it rains and you get the urge to go play in the rain.... DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment