Tuesday, September 22, 2009

God is so Good!!

We have an AWESOME and amazing God ever!!!

The reason I say this is because...... after a long, up and down, painful, disappointing, testing, and so many other things The BoneValley Project is officially a ministry! I was informed yesterday that Fountain Square Church is taking us under their wing and is going to be supporting us until we can fully get on our feet
with our ministry. How awesome and amazing is that?

An update on the MetalFest-

Things have been a roller coaster lately!! We had support from someone then he turned out to be a control freak and wanted to take over what we were doing. So as of this past tuesday night he is out of the picture. Since that happened then he decided to go and tell the company where we were going to have the concert at that we used his money and did all of this other stuff that wasn't true. This happened late Saturday night and needless to say we almost threw in the towel but there was something there that we knew we couldn't. Sunday afternoon several of the people from BVP got together and started brainstorming places to have the concert at. After searching many places things weren't looking so good.

Last night I got a phone call from Wendi asking me to call her back because she was going to tell me what they had decided to do about not having a location now. When I called her back she told me that from now on I have to call Brandon Obe One Kenobi. I asked her why and she said BECAUSE HE GOT US A LOCATION!!!! WE ARE HAVING IT AT THE BELL TOWER ON CAMPUS!!!! When she told me this I about flipped!!! I couldn't believe that someone from campus would allow us to have a heavy metal concert on campus but they are! It was going to cost us $1000 to use south lawn/bell tower but since we already had everything else they are only charging us......$150!!! I couldn't believe that either.

So now its crunch time, we have a week and 4 days to get the info out to campus and do this thing right! While I was talking with Wendi l
ast night she brought this up "You know how we, her and Michael, said that we wanted to work with college students and get away from high school but didn't know where to start? Well maybe this is it. Maybe BoneValley Project and having a worship service on Tuesday nights at Fountain Square is where we are supposed to be. God was just testing us to see if we would go the extra mile to have it anywhere and in turn he already had it planned to be in our own backyard." She is so totally right because now a days campus is filled with more of the "outcast" college students. So this is going to be perfect way to reach them.

Please continue to be praying for us as we go through these last few days. I know that its going to be tough but I know that we can do it. Now everyone just needs to get better....about half of our group, including me is sic
k....


No comments:

Post a Comment