Monday, March 15, 2010

Old Navy: Project ONE



I have been at Old Navy for about a month and a half and I LOVE IT!!! It is so different from working in the restaurant business but I actually like it a lot more. I have met some amazing people that I get to work with.

Last week we started out Project ONE (Old Navy Evolution) remodeling and it will last for about 8 weeks. The first week was cleaning and painting and this week started the actual remodeling. Not all of the Old Navy stores are getting to go to Project ONE and our store was almost cut from the list. Our store is the only one in this area that is going tothis. Here are some of the things that are going to be happening:

*the registers are going to be moving from the side to the middle
*fitting rooms are going to be moved to the center in front of the
registers
*all of our fixtures are going to be lowered to 6 ft tall and all white
*kid area is going to be more kid friendly (more to come later)
*things are going to be a lot more open and shop-able

I was asked to help out this week with the major part of remodeling. I got my schedule for this week and I saw I was scheduled to work 9PM-6AM Sunday, yesterday. I have never ever worked an overnight shift before and I'm not much of a night person. I had no idea what I was going to be doing during this shift or how I was going to make it through the night.

When I arrived at work I was a little overwhelmed by all of the people who were there working. All total I think we had about 20-25 Old Navy employees, some from our store and some from the Rivergate store and then about 15 construction workers. We all got assigned different task and got started working for a while. I didn't get sleepy but did get a little tired when I didn't have a lot of things to do. We moved booths and cleaned them, rearranged product, cleaned the whole store, and did visuals with product. Also Clezey, one of our workers found $5 and then lots of change. So Clezey and Paul went to GADS and got us donuts. Those were much needed! We also had Subway and cookies from The Cookie Store. I had no clue that Subway at 2 AM would be that good.

About 4 AM everyone but 6 of us left and for me this was the most fun of the whole night! I finally got to finish my visuals for the girls shop and got to interact on more of a personal level with my co-workers. We sang lots of Disney songs, quoted lines from movies, and played a little soccer/football. We all also got a little slap happy and had some sugar highs. It was amazing! After all of it was said and done I really did like working the
overnight shifts.

Here is a little preview of how things are going to look when it gets finished:



No comments:

Post a Comment