Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti

As I start to write this blog I am listening to the radio and Jeremy Camp's "There Will Be A Day" started playing. Just listening to the words makes me think so much about what that day will be like when we do meet God face to face. Its going to be a wonderful day! And it also makes me think about what I was setting out to do when writing this blog entry.

Hearing about the massive earthquake that hit Haiti has been thinking a whole lot. When I first heard about it and saw pictures my heart broke. My heart broke for the people of Haiti, for those kids who have lost their families, for the parents who have lost their children, for the ones who still have their families but have lost everything else, for the ones who are still waiting and hoping and praying that they find their family members, and for the ones here in the US that have family members over there and haven't heard from them. Growing up I have heard about this kind of thing happening and felt bad for them but I have not felt this bad for a country before. It tears me up to see the pictures and hear stories.

I was laying in bed one night this week and saw some pictures of just different scenes from there and I just lost it and started crying my eyes out! I want to help those people so bad but know that I can't physically help them right now. I want to do something for them so bad and so I just started praying and praying for God to protect the people of Haiti. I know that I can't do anything physical like go over there right now but I can pray, send donations through World Vision and give things that they need. I'm planning on doing all of these things. For some reason my heart is just drawn to this country and the people of it.

With all of this going on with the country of Haiti it has me thinking a lot about Nina the girl I'm sponsoring through World Vision. I think about how I haven't kept in contact with her as much as I wanted to and how I wish that I could send/ do more for her and her family. The day I was thinking about all of this I got a card in the mail about becoming an World Vision Ambassador and spreading the word about World Vision. I sent it back to them saying that I wanted more information about it. Once I get it I'm going to look things over and pray about it and see if that's something God wants me to do. I have gotten so much joy out of sponsoring her this past year and I want others to feel that same joy.

I still have a place in my heart for Haiti and want to do something for them. I don't know what just yet but I will continue to pray about it and see where God leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment