Friday, February 12, 2010

Temporary Home

The first time that Carrie Underwood was on American Idol I told my parent's that she was going to be the new American Idol. Well who called it?? Yup that would be me :)

Ever since AI, I have been a big fan of her's. I would love to see her sometime in concert but that's not the point to this post. On her new album, Play On, she has a song called "Temporary Home". It is a very sweet and sad song to a degree. I heard an interview with her once saying that she decided to write it after readying The Purpose Driven Life (which I'm reading right now and love). But the first time I heard this song it just spoke to me BIG time! I don't know what it was but I just loved it!

In the song she sings about 3 different people in 3 different stages of their lives.
1) a little boy who goes from foster home to foster home
2) a woman and her small child who are living in a half-way house trying to make it on their own
3) a old man who is in the hospital dieing and surrounded by people he loves

After each of these verses the chorus starts and says that this life we are living is just a temporary home and that we have a better place we are going one day. This is so true! You know we are just on this earth for a short time and one day we will be in Heaven with God. Its so amazing to think about that!

Here is the video.... tell me what you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment